Friday, May 20, 2011

Not your normal city day.

Today was my day off at my internship and so I decided that I would go have lunch with one of my old friends that I met during my first tour on Floodgate. (Floodgate: drama ministry team from Central Bible college, and yes tour would insinuate that I did travel with this team).
That friend's name is Jessica and she is by far one of my favorite people in all of existence. We have been through a lot together, and by a lot I mean 2 years at summer camp together as counselors. Our first year together we had a lice outbreak in our cabin and we were up until 2 in the morning cleaning all the clothes that were out, the blankets, and towels. It was a lot of fun. (Because of our cabin there is now a lice policy at that camp, which probably should have been there all along). Anyway that gave us a lot of time to bond.

This is what you look like after mud pit day, yes.

Now in all actuality we are quite different. She is from the south. I am from the north. She is very quiet. I am very loud. She drinks sweet tea. I drink coke. She loves Friday night football. I could care, but I don't. She wants to be a physical therapist. I want to be a musician. But here's the thing, we are both extremely competitive (which makes for an awesome team at camp). We are both very loving and compassionate. We both love to laugh. And we are sisters in Christ, and very much called to do his work. I love this girl so much so I was very happy to have the much needed reunion with her.

Jessica is from Baker FL. It's a very small town but it's one of the cutest places I have ever been to. We ate at the Gator Cafe and had a wonderful conversation, just catching up and stuff. (And yes we did have our normal drinks ).
After wards we both still had some time so she showed me around her 1 stop light town. (By the way that makes me smile).
We went to a farm to pick strawberries!!! Oh my word so much fun. It's not exactly something that you get the opportunity to do everyday in Springfield MO. I picked about 10 dollars worth at .75 cents per pound. (Do the math).




Like I said it was simply a wonderful day. :) Oh and if you ever go to Baker FL and you decide to do the strawberry picking thing you need to go have strawberry shortcake afterwards. It was the best I've ever had and I've had a lot of strawberry shortcake in my day.

And now for my favorite picture of Jessica and me:



Gotta love camp. :) (And the crazy people that will go all out with you).

No comments: